Terms & Conditions
1. RENTAL The rent is concluded in the name and on behalf of the owner or the person responsible for the property, at the prices and conditions stated on the web site Hitsicily.com. Hitsicily is a trademark of A&D SRL with registered office in Palermo (Italy) - Via Telamone 5 - VAT N°. 05882830820 - Economic Administrative Index PA- 282043
2. HOW AND WHERE TO BOOK Clients can make reservations and services related to them exclusively through the web site Hitsicily.com. The reservation implies the knowledge and acceptance without restrictions of the terms and conditions included in this document, and also of the extensions of the rules where present on the specific properties visible on the property file.
3. PAYMENTS - RENTAL VOUCHER After receiving an e-mail confirming availability of the property, the client must pay a deposit either via bank transfer or credit card, of 35% of the total amount due. Upon receipt of such payment the client will be sent a booking confirmation via e-mail. The payment of the balance for villas and apartments must be made at least 60 days prior to commencement of the rental period. For hotel and B&B reservations, payment of the balance must be made according to the methods established by each property. Some hotels and B&Bs may require payment in advance or release of credit card details in order to guarantee the reservation. In such cases the client must provide these details to the property by entering them into a fraud protected web page. Upon receipt of the balance or deposit in the case of payment of balance on site the client will receive the voucher and tourist documentation via e-mail. For reservations made within 60 days prior to the beginning of the rental period, the client is required to pay the full amount of the booking at the moment in which the request is made or the deposit in the event that that particular property requires payment of balance on site. Only if reservations are made within 48 hours prior to arrival is it possible to pay the entire amount in cash upon arrival, with prior authorisation by hitsicily.com
4. RENTAL GUIDELINES - PRICES The minimum rental period for villas is usually a week, from Saturday to Saturday (unless otherwise specified in the description of the property). For the other properties it is usually a minimum of 2 nights, but it can vary from property to property. In special cases, Hitsicily reserves the right to accept bookings for shorter periods at its own discretion. The prices published on the site are established according to market conditions and in agreement with the owner or person in charge.
The published rental prices are calculated per day or per week according to the property, as clearly indicated in the table of prices. All prices are inclusive of the services included in the property and specifically described and are divided according to the seasons as set out on the site. Any other extra obligatory services not included in the published price, must be paid for in advance or, in some cases, directly to the owner or person in charge in cash in Euros on arrival. The extra obligatory services are described on the website as well as on the voucher. Hitsicily reserves the right to change the prices of its properties at any given time. No additional sum will be charged to a client who has already booked and paid the fee for a property, whose rental rates have subsequently increased. In the case of properties which include more housing units with different price ranges and which can be rented separately, the client only has the right to use the unit he has requested, the other units will remain closed and unavailable. These units can be opened and made available only if the client pays the amount corresponding to the rent for that unit for the period envisaged and only if the owner is able to make it available.
5. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT Weekly rentals start on Saturdays. The check-in time for all properties is between 3pm and 7pm. In some cases the check-in time may be subject to change. Some properties charge a supplementary obligatory fee for check-in after 7pm. This must be paid in cash on arrival to the owner or person in charge. The arrival time must be communicated to HitSicily upon reservation on the check-in form found on the reserved guest area, so that the owner, or his representative, can make the necessary arrangements for the guests’ arrival. Failure by the client to communicate an arrival time may result in problems up to the non-availability of the keys to the property for which Hitsicily, the owner or person in charge are in no way responsible. If the client arrives to the property after 7pm without having previously informed the owner or the person in charge, there may be problems with taking possession of the property. The check-out time for villas and apartments is by 10am on the agreed departure date. Clients must, without fail, leave the property by this time unless otherwise agreed upon with the owner or welcome manager. Failing to respect the departure time causes subsequent problems for new clients. For this reason, clients who leave the property after the specified time are subject to a penalty of up to 200 Euros for inconvenience caused to the new clients. In the event of payment of a deposit, this amount will be retained from this. The check-out time for hotels and B&Bs is by 10am, unless otherwise specified by the individual properties.
6. CANCELLATION POLICYAfter making a reservation, any change of arrival date must be communicated to HitSicily and approved by it at least 7 days in advance. For villas and apartments where advance payment is required, no refund will be given for any reduction in the rental period. In case of unforeseen delay on the day of arrival, the client must send an e-mail or call the owner or person in charge to inform him of the delay and make a new appointment. If the owner or person in charge, who has not been previously advised, cannot be contacted and informed of a different arrival date, or if the owner or person in charge is unable to accept this change, the client is responsible for any expenses related to spending the night in alternative accommodation. There is no reimbursment of either deposits or balances for cancellations of bookings for villas or apartments. In the case of hotel and B&B bookings the cancellation policy of each individual facility is valid. Rules of the cancellation policy which are valid for all hotels and B&Bs: the total cost of the stay will be requested for no-shows. For anticipated departures which are not agreed at least 7 days in advance, full payment of the stay must be paid.
7. ARRIVAL FORMALITIES Upon arrival at the property the client must give the voucher to the owner or person in charge, even if not specifically requested to do so. Failure to present the voucher may result in poor service for which the owner or the welcome manager will not be held responsible. The voucher contains any extra services to pay on site. These services are also published on the website. Without a voucher or if they are not described in the voucher, the publication of the services in the price table of the booked property shall prevail. The client is required to pay the amount due for the extra services not included in the price on his arrival in cash in Euros. If this should not occur in full or in part, the owner can retain the sums due from the deposit.
8. SECURITY DEPOSITWhere a security deposit is required, the client must pay the sum requested in cash, in Euros, on his arrival to the owner or person in charge, as specified in the description of the property and on the voucher. This deposit will be returned to him upon departure. The cost to repair or purchase any articles that have been damaged by the client will be deducted from this amount. In cases where the damage cannot be estimated immediately on site or both parties are unable to reach an agreement, the owner/person in charge will retain the full amount of the security deposit and send the client an itemised list of the cost of repairs or purchase of the damaged articles requesting, if necessary, an additional amount from the client or returning part of the deposit. The security deposit is due in the amount agreed only if expressly indicated in the description of the property or in the voucher. In every case, the client is always liable for any kind of loss or damage caused to the property or to its contents during their stay. In case of damage, Hitsicily always reserves the right to charge the client for the amount in question. If a client leaves earlier than the agreed date or in the case of a disagreement between the parties, the owner or the person in charge is authorised to return the security deposit by mail or by bank transfer (after deducting expenses for any kind of damage, additional expenses and delivery), only after having checked the property and its contents. The sum will be returned to the client within 60 days from departure. In cases where failure to return the deposit is attributable to the fault of the client, any expenses paid to return it will be deducted from the amount. Some properties are covered by insurance which covers accidental damage caused to persons or items inside the house; it is the client’s responsibility to ask the owner for a copy of the insurance and to check its terms and conditions. Under no circumstances will the owner and Hitsicily be responsible for any damage to persons or items during the stay in the rented premises. Children’s care and safety is the express and exclusive responsibility of the parents/guardians. Under no circumstances can the owner, the person in charge of the property or Hitsicily be considered responsible or liable. Hitsicily declines all responsibility in the case of disputes relating to the security deposit. Quantification of the damage and subsequent agreement must be made between the client and the owner or person in charge of the property.
9. NUMBER OF PEOPLE – SUBSTITUTION OF PEOPLE – PETS Only the number of people written on the voucher is permitted to stay in the property. Their number (adults and children from 3 to 12 years of age) cannot be greater than that of the sleeping capacity indicated in the description. Children from 0 -2 years of age are not considered in the number of people. Children older than 12 are considered adults. Any substitution or addition of people present during the rental period which was not communicated at the time of the reservation is strictly forbidden unless previously agreed with Hitsicily. In this case the owner or welcome manager can reserve the right to refuse entry to the people not previously declared and under such circumstances the client has no right to claim from Hitsicily, the owner of the property or the person in charge, reimbursement, in part or in full, of the rental amount already paid. The total number of people may not exceed the maximum foreseen for the property. The person making the reservation is considered for all intents and purposes the leader of the group, will act as representative of the persons that stay with him/her in the house and is responsible for the whole group. In certain cases and at their discretion, the owner of the property or the person in charge may make one or more of the members of the group sign contract documents envisaged in Italy. All the people of the group are required to exhibit and give a copy of their identity documents to comply with safety regulations in force in Italy. Without these data the owner / welcome manager can reserve the right to deny the guests entry to the property. If the property accepts pets the client is required to inform Hitsicily in advance of the size and number. The client is responsible for the behaviour and cleanliness of the animal. If the pet should cause any damage to the property or cause sanitary problems to subsequent guests, the owner of the pet will be fully responsible and will be asked to pay the cost of damage caused to persons or property. In certain cases pets are accepted on condition that they remain outside the property, in areas dedicated to them (gardens, cellars, etc.). In such cases, entry of the pet inside the property, for whatever reason, is strictly forbidden.
10. CLEANING and ELECTRICITY Houses are handed over clean and tidy. In certain cases the price includes this service. If this service is not included in the price the client must pay the owner or the person in charge the amount, in cash in Euros on arrival as indicated on the website. The amount does not include, in any case, the removal of garbage and/or large or bulky objects (full sacks, plastic pools, toys, inflatable objects, boxes, glass bottles, etc…), which is the exclusive responsibility of the client. Failing this, the owner or the person in charge may, at their discretion, charge an extra fee of up to €100 in addition to what is due which will be retained from the security deposit if required or, alternatively, by a direct request to the client. In some cases, electricity consumption is not included in the rental price (if specified in the description of the property) or a maximum amount of consumption per day or per week is established. In such cases the client must pay the owner or the person in charge an amount which corresponds to the consumption during his stay in the property which will be charged at the rate applied by the Italian power company ENEL (generally Euros 0.35-0.45 kw/hour) or at the rate stipulated on the website under the list of extras applicable to the property.
11. HEATINGGiven the situation of energy supply and the laws currently in force, the use of heating (period for turning on or off, temperature) is ruled by provisions which vary from one town to another. Generally heating systems may operate from November to April. Consequently, even when heating is included in the rental price, it is intended to be used during that period. If heating is charged according to consumption or as an extra and has not been paid for in advance, the client will pay the owner or the person in charge directly in cash in Euros upon arrival.
12. INDOOR AND OUTDOOR MAINTENANCEIf necessary, the owner or the person in charge reserves the right to allow personnel to enter the property to carry out necessary maintenance work and/or cleaning at times of their choice or, wherever possible, at times agreed with the client if specifically requested by them. At certain properties, as indicated on the web site, personnel responsible for guarding or maintenance of the property live and work on the premises.
13. RESPONSIBILITIES Each property has been visited and inspected by Hitsicily. The descriptions on the web site are correct and drawn up in good faith; Hitsicily therefore declines all responsibility for any changes made without prior notice by the owner or the person in charge, unless the problems are of such a serious nature as to make it impossible to stay in the property. If problems should arise, the client must do his/her best to resolve and/or minimize them himself, in order to avoid further adverse effects that may derive from them. In the event that the client is unable to take possession of the property due to it being unfit for use, the client must call Hitsicily immediately to inform us of the condition. The client must allow Hitsicily the necessary time span to attempt to solve the problem. If it is not possible to resolve the problem, Hitsicily will work to find alternative accommodation. Failure to communicate the above or for reasons other than it being unfit for use, the clients who will leave their accommodation before the expected date will forfeit any right to obtain a refund of the rental price. For any complaint made after the end of their stay, the client is not entitled, for any reason whatsoever, to compensation of any kind. No refund or change of property is permitted unless the property is deemed unfit for use. If Hitsicily should be forced, due to force majeure or for any other reason beyond its control, to cancel the reservation relating to the property booked by the client, in agreement with the client, alternative accommodation of the same class or better will be offered, on the condition that Hitsicily is within its power to offer such a solution. If the price of the substitute lodging should be lower, Hitsicily will refund the difference to the client. In cases where it is not possible to find an alternative property, Hitsicily will only refund the client the price paid for the rental, excluding all other expenses. Such a refund will be made within 60 days from the date of stay.
Many of the properties are private houses. As such, they have no standards or internationally-recognized categories applied to them, but rather reflect the architecture and furnishings as well as the local traditions and their owners’ personal tastes. By choosing one of these properties, clients have the opportunity to experience local culture at first hand by living in the same environment as the locals. To do this in the right way, clients must both accept and appreciate possible differences that the lodgings offered by Hitsicily present compared to where they normally live. For its part, Hitsicily takes great care to select a range of properties within a minimum and maximum range of quality which it believes will meet with the full satisfaction of those who choose them. However, Hitsicily does not exclude that certain differences may sometimes cause minor discomforts which – being related to the features of the property itself – will not be accepted as complaints. In order to guarantee a qualitative standard Hitsicily collects feedback from clients to better identify problems to eliminate or minimise them. For this reason we are more than happy to receive any feedback that the client may wish to send to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
14. CONTRACT CLAUSESThe filling in and sending of the information form and reservation with payment of the amount requested for the property, imply knowledge of the general contract conditions of Hitsicily and their unconditional acceptance. If some conditions of this contract were or should turn out to be not valid or, in the case of an omission, the validity of the remaining conditions may not be called into question.
15. DISPUTESFor all disputes which should arise following the application, interpretation, validity, enforceability, performance and termination of this contract before initiating any arbitration or judicial proceedings the parties shall attempt conciliation according to Leg. Dec. 28/2010 and subsequent Min. Dec. 180/2010 and subsequent Min. Dec. 145/2011 according to the rules of conciliation of a Body registered with the Minister of Justice. If this attempt of conciliation has a negative outcome or it has not been resolved within 4 months starting from the application for mediation, the dispute will be referred to the competent judicial authority of the Court of Palermo - Italy.
16. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA In conformity with law 675/96 concerning the protection of personal privacy and handling of personal data, Hitsicily informs that the personal data of clients will be handled for the purposes connected to or instrumental to the company's business, that is:
(a.1) drawing up of rental contracts through the reservation procedure; fulfilment and proper execution of relevant contractual obligations; management and resolution of judicial and /or jurisdictional disputes;
(a.2) providing information on the promotions of our holiday programs; mailing of catalogues; surveys on the level of satisfaction of Hitsicily clients
(b) use - the provision of personal data is necessary to fulfil the contractual, administrative and fiscal obligations provided for by law.
(c) consequences - failure to consent to the handling of data in reference to the above mentioned point a.1) will result in Hitsicily being unable to fulfil its contractual obligations. As for the above mentioned point a.2), refusal to handle personal data, has no effect.
(d) modality - the data will be handled using modern computer systems by personnel responsible for this task. The data will not be communicated and/or divulged to third parties except in conformity with the Law and/or with contractual obligations.